Post Care – Microneedling with PRP
Immediately after your treatment you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This is normal and will subside within 24 hours.
After Microneedling Treatment:
- The evening of your treatment use a gentle cleanser with tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and GENTLY cleanse & pat dry the treated skin.
- HEAL & HYDRATE: after 24 hours, you may apply Alastin: HA Serum twice a day by Alastin and the Alastin: Skin Nectar
- MAKEUP: it is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 72 hours after the procedure
- PROTECT: after 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a chemical free sunscreen such as Skinbetter Tonesmart
WHAT TO AVOID:
- For at least 1 week post treatment, do not use any retinols, Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 48 hours post treatment
- No exercising or strenuous activity for 48 hours post treatment.
- Do not take anti inflammatory medications such as nsaids. Only Tylenol
Day 3: You may clean your face as usual and apply makeup (preferably oil free). Stay away from exfoliants.
Days 4-7: You will notice skin dryness and flaking due to increased turnover of cells. You may apply a regular skin moisturizer during the time. You may experience some skin shedding during this time.
Day 7+: A week after the procedure, you will notice that your skin is smoother and more radiant. Continue sun protection everyday and reapply every two hours if outdoors.